CAN Input Expander
This evolution of the successful lightweight and compact CAN Input Expander allows a user to take in up to 8 analogue inputs or 8 speed inputs and transmit them out over the vehicle CAN Bus.
This allows easy logging of position, temperature, pressure and other parameters. Using the expander allows the vehicle wiring loom to be made much simpler and lighter. The rugged casing is CNC machined from aluminium billet and connection is through an industry standard autosport connector. The messages can be converted to any scaled data format and transmitted in any standard or extended ID message. CAN information may also be translated into a different format or message. Speed signals may be read from 2Hz up to 10kHz. It allows for different length messages and both Intel and Motorola formats in any byte position. It also includes internal temperature and system voltage measurement. Set up is done with bespoke user friendly Shiftec iface software.
- Convert analogue (0-5V) signals to CAN data.
- Translate CAN data to new message / format / scaling
- 8 x 12bit A to D inputs
- Speed signal capability on all inputs
- Inputs can be run as either 8 analogue, 8 speed or a combination of both
- 1KHz sampling frequency rate
- User defined CAN transmit and receive
- Scale raw analogue inputs via 2D calibration tables.
- 10 x CAN receive channels available
- 6 x CAN transmit channels available
- User selectable CAN format
- Channel status LED display
- Software selectable pull up/downs
Software selectable CAN termination
You can download a spec sheet for the CAN Input Expander which includes dimensions and mounting information by clicking here.