CAN Output Expander
The CAN Output Expander allows a user to take CAN input signals and convert them to output drive signals. These can be used for powering external relays, lights and even motors. This allows for greater simplification of wiring looms and vehicle layouts.
The Expander is housed in a compact, lightweight anodised casing that has been CNC machined from billet aluminium. The input signal can be converted to simple on/off control or used to send PWM duty based drives at a user definable frequency. Simple CAN translation is also possible with user definable tables. Logic options allow for simple addition, subtraction and masking to be done for accurate control.
- - Choice of either 7 low side drivers or 5 low and 2 high side drivers
- - 3 Amp individual capacity
- - 20 amp total capacity
- - H bridge functionality
- - Outputs mapped to CAN messages - 2D table of PWM vs input signal
- - Simple on/off requests
- - LED output indicator
- - Possibility to combine input channels to create user defined control strategies
- - Powerful development tool as well as distributed power module or simple extra output expander.
- - Internal overall current measurement on both high and low side drivers.
- - Set up with easy to use Shiftec interface software
You can download a spec sheet for the CAN Output Expander which includes dimensions and mounting information by clicking here.